Posted to rec.woodworking
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:25:11 -0400, "Bill"
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.. .

"Prof Wonmug" wrote:

A couple of questions:

Should I dampen the surfaces before applying t6he T-88?

Get a small can of denatured alcohol at the hardware store.

On the way home stop at Harbor Freight and get a box of latex surgical
gloves (About $5/box of 50 pairs) and depending on how big the patch is
some plumber's acid brushes and/or some 2" chip brushes.

I used a pair of those on my last epoxy job. They really helped make the
task
a breeze--especially when wiping off the excess.

BTW, wear OLD shirt, no matter how careful you are, you will probably get
some on the shirt.

(Guys who regularly use epoxy buy a lot of clothes from the Salvation Army
store)

I recently stopped in at Goodwill to buy more pants for yard work.
Turned out they had one pair that fit me but they are nicer than the pants
I usually wear, and like new. So I still need to buy more pants for yard
work...

Reminds me of the joke about the guy who couldn't afford to send his
shirts to the cleaners, so he donated them to the Goodwill, then went
in and bought them back for 25 cents after they cleaned them. ;-)