Fred the Red Shirt

Default Hand plane - can you REALLY joint a perfectly straight edge?

Scott Cramer wrote in message 07.53...
On 13 Nov 2003, Wood Butcher spake unto rec.woodworking:

I don't think so. But it was a nice try.
Automobile is auto-mobile or self moving/motion. Just like autograph is
your self written mark and autobiography is your self written story.
Back when the term was initiated all self moving vehicles, including the
electrics and steamers, were called automobiles.

Art

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message

'Automobile' is actually a corruption of 'Ottomobile.'

And I suppose the bra was NOT invented by a guy named Titzling? Or
the toilet by Thomas Crapper?

No fair! I put a smiley in my post.

--

FF