Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"Tim S" wrote in message
Norman Wells coughed up some electrons that declared:

Steve Thackery wrote:
"Norman Wells" wrote in message

sigh

Education today.

Norman, you are making yourself look a prat. You need to do a little
reading about mass-energy equivalence. Then you will understand.

Energy and mass are _not_ freely interconvertible. You require
absolutely
extreme conditions for it to happen. On earth, you will only find it
happening in nuclear reactions.

Do you accept that an object increases in mass as it approaches light
speed?

Yes.

Looks like a perfect demonstration of mass/energy equivalence to me.
Kinetic
energy, which is itself a relative phenonemum appears to manifest as
increased mass. Where's the problem?

Lets take a rechargeable battery..

you claim that the bonds made while charging it store energy because the
subatomic particles move faster and hence absorb the energy.
So when I discharge the battery the bonds change and the particles slow down
and release the energy.
Now explain why the battery gets hot when you discharge it and where the
energy is coming from as you (or claim to be) are putting all the particles
into a lower energy state to reduce their mass.

Lets not get to stored energy in pumped hydro electric plants where you
think there is less mass of water at the bottom than there is at the top
following the release of the stored energy.