Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default TOT Gizzajob

Huge gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

BTW - I don't have a CompSci degree

I do.

Knuth? Who or what is Knuth?
checks Wiki
Oh. Never heard of him...

IncredulousYou have a CS degree and you've never heard of Knuth?/

Yup.

Clue: I'm no software engineer. Never have been. Never wanted to be.

I'm a biochemist. Or at least, I was. I've heard of Knuth.

I'm very happy for you.

But I think you might find that was kinda my point. That "even" a CompSci
degree doesn't necessarily provide the full toolkit for any specific role.

If I was a software engineer, then knowing Knuth would - clearly - be
useful. I'm not. I've not written any code since I left Uni - and I
avoided it as much as possible even then.