Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"Kennedy McEwen" wrote in message
: In article , Bill
Wright
: writes
:
: Of course my grandparents' generation used the word for the
room (or shed)
: with the lavatory in it.
:
: Derr, isn't that the origin of "coming out of the closet", as
in
: "cottaging"?

Err, no, I think you are thinking of "Skeletons (secrets) in the
closet".

AIUI the Homosexuals "came out (into the open)", after the many
years of having to hide their sexual orientation from the law and
society (even post '67 to one degree or other, many still have to
'hide').

Few homosexuals would not want to admit to "cottaging", even
today, as it's still an illegal act...
--
Regards, Jerry.