Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"Zero Tolerance" wrote in message
: On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:48:29 +0100, "Norman Wells"
: wrote:
:
: If the whole of the UK sank overnight, never to inconvenience
another
: electron, China's increase in electricity generation at
present rates would
: negate that in under a year.
:
: There are some *hoary* old chestnuts coming out in this debate.
:
: "It's not worth taking any action, ever, because China cancels
it all
: out, always" is, if you will forgive me saying so, not the
freshest of
: arguments.
:

But it's an *honest* argument! All we (the UK and EU) are doing
is harming ourselves (economically) whilst making not one jot of
difference environmentally, it's a bit like someone ****ing into
the ocean and trying to claim that they have caused an increase
in sea levels - or in this case, a decrease...
--
Regards, Jerry.