Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Bacteria sick shower head!

On Sep 17, 3:02*pm, "Hustlin' Hank" wrote:
On Sep 17, 3:19 pm, harry k wrote:

On Sep 17, 3:34 am, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:33:48 -0700 (PDT), harry k

wrote:
On Sep 16, 5:59 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:39:11 GMT,

wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:34:37 -0400, in alt.home.repair, wrote:

That's why you need 212 degrees for a minimum of 20 minutes. You won't
find any bacteria in a shower head that will survive that. Lower temps
for shorter periods won't kill all of them.

Do you live right on the seacoast? At my inland altitude, water boils at a
scant 204 degrees.

You can still heat it to 212 degrees, dopey.

Only in a sealed container dopey. You can't do it in an open pan.

Harry K

You are wrong. Water can be heated past the boiling point.

You could also, of course, heat oil to 500 degrees. That would kill
bacteria, too.

For that matter, if you think you can do it only using water by using
a pressure cooker, you still have a way of heating water to 212
degrees, don't you?- Hide quoted text -

My point (add it to the one on your head) is that you CANNOT, no
matter how you try heat water to 212 degrees in an open pan except at
sealevel...even then perhaps not depending on the barometer reading.

I would explain why to you but it would not sink in.

Harry K-

So, if water boils at 212 degrees (what I learned in elementary school
and relatively speaking), what temp is the steam that is produced?
211? 213? .....LOL

Hank- Hide quoted text -

212, you got it first time. And water will boil at OR BELOW 212
depending on atmospheric pressure. Of course that is in an open
container.

Harry K