Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Leaky toilet

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 06:28:14 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

A few years ago, we called in a plumber at work to fix a leak that all
assumed to be a bad wax seal. When he pulled the toilet, he didn't like
the looks of the drain pipe, so he started jack hammering up the
concrete floor. $1500 later, we still had water on the floor around the
toilet.

This is why I do my own repairs, even when I don't know how to do
them. At least when I screw up, I don't blame myself for more than a
couple weeks.

Turned out that the water heater, directly above in the attic, was
leaking. Water was running down inside the wall and seeping behind the
toilet.

The moral is, diagnosis is everything.

Yup.