Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Knee Jerk

When I was an obnoxious teen, bitching about how screwed up
things were, the adults would ask "And your proposed solution
for correcting the problem is . . .?"

Opposing something is very easy.
Fixing something you think isn't working - well that takes a lot
more time and effort.

When opposing a change one must always consider the price
of doing nothing. The uninsured get medical treatment when
it's an emergency. And emergency room costs are multiples
of the cost of doctor visits before things get critical - and
really expensive.

The other thing to be aware of is which industries and which
lobbyists are opposing the change, what ever the proposed
change is, and examine their reason(s) for that opposition. I'm
willing put money on the it's not for altruistic reasons.

And if you've ever had a "problem" with your health insurance
company, especially if it's a life threatening thing, be aware that
it's in THEIR best interest for you to die - before they have to
expend any money on you. At least with the government you
CAN try and get your elected congress person and senator
to look into your problem. With an insurance company - your
screwed - AFTER you probably have spent months on the phone
talking to someone in a Call Center - in Pakistan or the Philipines
or Honduras - who may or may not speak english.