Posted to rec.woodworking
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:12:17 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

If you can really select anything on the planet then you couldn't do
better than System Three brand T-88 epoxy. This is what I use on my
Adirondack chairs in construction and I don't think you could find
anything better for a repair either

OK. The T-88 just arrived. I couldn't find it in anuy local stores, so
I ordered it online.

A couple of questions:

The wood is very VERY dry. It was never finished or sealed in any way.
It's been sitting in the sun for 4-5 years. The entire chair weighs
next to nothing.

Should I dampen the surfaces before applying t6he T-88?

If so, how much and how long beforehand?

Any other preparation? The surfaces are clean and (very) dry.

I was planning on using a cheap brush to apply the epoxy. Any better
suggestions?

Thanks

PS: The bottle says to wear rubber gloves. Is that necessary for one
little patch?