Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default NG Policies

Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:28:03 -0400, Tony
wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
For years I used Forte Agent, but then they dropped access to
NGs unless one paid a (small) fee.

I did for a while, but my NG usage is so very small and limited
that I find it easier just to use Google Groups rather than to
sign up for what you call a "real newsreader".

I pay about $10/year for my newsgroups, but I don't get any binaries.
For 10 bucks a year it's well worth not having to deal with a web based
news reader/server.

You don't need to pay for non-binary newsgroups. I would think most
folks would opt for one less billing.

I had trouble with a few different free news servers so I took someones
advice and pay $10 for one that seems to always work.