Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:34:40 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

Candid Camera did a piece in which they put a car with no engine at the
top of a hill, with a woman in the driver's seat. Gave the car a push
and she gained enough downhill speed to coast into a service station at
the bottom,

That's really funny. Gas is expensive, I assume, and there aren't
many gas stations in Manhattan, so I would wait until I got to
Brooklyn to buy gas, and I managed to run out of gas, on the Manhattan
Bridge, twice, once at the crest and once just before the crest. The
first time I just coasted down the bridge, blew my horn as I crossed
Tillary St. (it was just before the light turned red) and coast into
the SAEEWAY [sic] gasoline station right up to the pump, right there.
Not as funny as Candid Camera. No one even noticed except the traffic
cop at Tillary.

The second time, the guy behind me had to help push me 10 or 30 feet
to just past the crest and then I did the same thing, with the same
results. I haven't run out of gas in 15 years, however.

where she said her car just stopped running, and could they
fix it?

Confronted with: "Lady, you've got no engine!", she played it all the
way through:

"Well, whatever, do you have a spare you can put in? I'm late to work
already" or some such, delivered in deadpan ditz.