Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wasp spray that works

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:21:27 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Last night, went to check out some wasps at the church. Some
how, they got into the primary room. One of the boys had
been stung, indoors. Not good. Find a 1/4 inch or so hole,
where the vinyl under the eaves meets the wood that's on the
side of the masonry building. Plenty of wasps coming and
going.

This appears to be the new style of wasps, they burrow in.
The older model of wasps nest on the surface.

Got out my can of Ultra Kill ($3.49 from Lowe's) and give
the building a good squirt. The last cans I had (Real Kill,
from Home Depot, bought them on close out) the wasps would
drop out of the air. This Ultra Kill stuff was useless, the
wasps hardly seemed to notice.

Time for me to go to the farm and garden store, and see what
they have. What brand of spray works for you? And what store
sells the good stuff? I'd like stuff that drops wasps out of
the air, kills the nest, and they don't come back.

I used it last week after getting stung on the hand. There were
about 10 angry red wasps, wet with the Black Flag spray, still flying
around their nest. No more Black Flag Wasp spray for me.