Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry The Snake Guy Larry The Snake Guy is offline

Default Being the smart person that I am....

On Sep 17, 12:17*am, Winston wrote:

Now, not only being dumb but being cheap, too, I want to make my own lid of
about 6 inches thick and about 4 feet in diameter.

How thick is the old lid? If you're thinking you'll make the lid
thicker so it wont break when you drive over it again, keep in mind
that that just means the tank may break instead. Personally, I'd
rather have the lid break...

Oh, and I come up with a figure of about 940 pounds for your lid (just
the concrete)... But then you do have a backhoe, so maybe that's OK...