Posted to alt.home.repair

Default prepping interior trim.

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 05:01:20 -0700 (PDT), Chris
wrote:

hello. i am about to repaint the trim in my hallway. I do know that
there is a layer of lead paint with a coat or two of latex paint. so,
i am thinking that snding is out of the question. Would the procedure
be to wash down with a cleaner then use a deglosser.. then prime and
paint?thanks.

You can do this a variety of ways. I would consider replacing the
trim, then the lead concern is not there. Without sanding, the trim
is not going to be nearly as smooth as it could be.