Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Steve Terry Steve Terry is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"dennis@home" wrote in message
"Steve Terry" wrote in message
"Java Jive" wrote in message
snip
The only way we are ever going to get out of it is by acting together
each to do what we can.

Only way we are ever going to get out of it is if we put the goal
of Nuclear fusion on the same resource and priority footing
as the Manhattan project

I hope not we have already spent more than the Manhattan project
and I don't want to see fusion research stopped.

Nonsense, Manhattan between 1942 and 1945 took over 130,000 people,
70,000,000 pounds of silver from the U.S. Treasury reserves was used for
coils, and god know how many other resources

Projects at over thirty US sites, cash cost was only around $2B, but in real
terms
probably around 10% of the US's war time production capability.

If we put 10% of the industrialised worlds resources into fusion,
it would either be proved or disproved very quickly

But it's accountants that run the 21st century

Steve Terry