Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Ah, but without matter, space doesn't exist..theres nothing to bend it..

Philosophically, space and time is the relationship between objects. No
objects=no relationship.

It takes two to tango..

When we did Special Relativity, a group of us did invite a fellow philosophy
student to share his opinions over a beer (they had recently been doing
something on space/time/existance or somesuch). We all got headaches... Was
fun though.

(Corrections or further explanation of my misapprehension gratefully
awaited.)

Einstein's own book is surpisingly readable. Feynman wrote some pretty
good stuff too and a really fun book is "Mr Tompkins in Wonderland" which
is a fictional (but scientifically valid) look at how the world would be
if the speed of light were 30mph.

Dont worry, Nu Laber are working on it..

At least the speed of light is uniform (in vacuo) so there are no over
achievers to have to hold back!