Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default wall chasing

Stephen coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 00:16:13 +0100, wrote:

Use a 35mm box and there's room enough for a few spare inches.

Can you do that? I hadn't realised. I thought the cable had to be as
short and neat as possible.

I'm using 35mm boxes as standard, even on lighting, except of course where
47mm is required.

"Good workmanship" is the phrase. If you engineer it so you have the space
to loose a bit of slack without straining or crushing things, then it is
fine.

But 16mm oval conduit is the answer - cheap as chips, virtually no extra
space needed in the chase and the cable can be trivially repulled later if
required.

Cheers

Tim