Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Norman Wells[_3_] Norman Wells[_3_] is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Norman Wells wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

You calculated it _assuming_ that energy was converted into mass,
which in fact it isn't. Had you _measured_ it and found that the
mass increased on charging and decreased on discharging, then you'd
be on to something, probably a Nobel prize.

No, Id be simply confirming Einstein's relativity theory, which
wouldn't note more than two lines in the new scientist.

No, you'd be confirming 'cold fusion' which created quite a stir a
few years back. It's Nobel prize time if you can, ignominy if you
can't.

well at least 5 posters agree with me, none with you. So who looks a
dickhead?

That's strange. I've never thought of truth as just a matter of a show of
hands.

The degree of ignorance of even the simplest science never fails to astonish
me, even among those who think their educational attainments mean something.