Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mold smell only short duration after shower

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:36:09 -0700 (PDT), AndyHancock
wrote:

I rent a bachelors apartment in a 70's era highrise (cement walls
separate units). Whenever I shower, I come out of the washroom and
smell something that I can only describe as wet plaster, or some such
chemical smell. "Mold", I thought. However, if I ventilate the
apartment for a short while (15 min), the smell goes away and stays
away. I wouldn't expect mold to do that. Could it be not mold?
Getting the management in to test and repair will be a major nightmare
(moving might be more palatable).

If you smell mold/mildew I bet there is an issue. Possible leak in
side the walls, keeping it constantly moist. It will only get worse.