Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Whitehouse spying on social networking sites

rangerssuck wrote:
On Sep 17, 12:47 am, Winston wrote:
Ignoramus31381 wrote:

(...)

Let's say that I was archiving my posts and replies to my posts in
this newsgroup. Would that be spying?

No but don't record your home phone calls.
That'll get you fired.

AMHIKT

--Winston

OK, I'm asking. Phone recording laws vary state-to-state. In NJ, it is
legal to record a conversation as long as at least one of the
participants is aware of the recording. There do not have to be any
telltale beeps. If you got fired for doing something legal at home,
perhaps you want to talk to a lawyer,

Why talk to a lawyer (or a judge)?
They are the property of the folks that fired me, and the legal
infrastructure knows it. Life in a kleptocracy.

Somehow, the company didn't want to charge me with violation of
my state's law against recording my home phone calls.
They would have to listen to me document the N+1 state and federal
laws the corporation broke, that prompted me to begin recording
in the first place.

Vandalism, assault, theft, practicing medicine without a license,
computer fraud, wire fraud, breaking and entering, medical fraud
and worse.

That would have been inconvenient for them but it wasn't worth
handing over my life savings to some lawyer.

--Winston