Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Whitehouse spying on social networking sites

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
OK, I'm asking. Phone recording laws vary state-to-state. In NJ, it is
legal to record a conversation as long as at least one of the
participants is aware of the recording. There do not have to be any
telltale beeps. If you got fired for doing something legal at home,
perhaps you want to talk to a lawyer,

Incorrect. Here in NJ that would be troe of face-to-face conversations,
but the law for a telephone conversation says there must be a beep every
15 seconds or a disclaimer prior to recording...

Incorrect. g Ranger is right. Joe, as a writer, those recordings are my
bread and butter. NJ law is as he says it is.

The federal law on this is the same as NJ: one party must be aware. In other
words, no third-party wiretaps.

The tricky part is this: If I receive a call from a state that requires both
parties to be notified, I can record it legally without notifying the other
party. If I MAKE a call to that state, I can't. You can get a list of which
states are which.

--
Ed Huntress

That is why I love it when the people on the other end say, "This phone
call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes" and my reply is
"Thank you. Hold on a sec while I get the recorder plugged in." I accept
their statement as giving ME permission to record...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R