Posted to uk.d-i-y
Heliotrope Smith[_2_] Heliotrope Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Could there be enough hot water pressure for a shower?

"Mick." wrote in message
om...
Hi all, I live in a ground floor all electric 1 bedroom flat.

I do have a bathroom with a short bath in it; if possible I would like to
have fitted a bath mixer tap with a shower hose fitting.

In the airing cupboard there is a cold water tank on top of an insulated
tank with an off peak immersion heater .

The top cold water tank is at the ceiling level.

The hot tank below is at the top 4'2" from the floor.

Could this have enough pressure to use a bath mixer tap with a shower hose
fitting?

You would be lucky to get more than a dribble of water through the shower as
the head would be only a foot or so below the cold storage tank.

Get a short length of hose and attach it to the tap or hold it with your
hand around tap and hose, turn on tap and start to raise the end of the
hose. As you raise it the water flow will slow and almost stop the closer to
the ceiling you get.