Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

The Natural Philosopher gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

When will people realise just how insignificant and impotent we are
in a global context?

Actually, we are not.

I think we rank about tenth in therms of GDP.

We still produce just 1.7% of the world's CO2.

We may PRIDUCE only 1/7%, BUT the fact of our GDP shows that we are
indirectly RESPONIBLE for about 10%.

You seem to be getting "tenth" (place) and "10%" confused.

We might be 6th/7th in the world for GDP, but our GDP is "only" around 3%
of the world's GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...es_by_GDP_(PPP)

'course, you also seem to be assuming that every $ of GDP is responsible
for an equal emission of CO2...