Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Switch off at the socket?

Norman Wells wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Norman Wells wrote:
Java Jive wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:50:02 +0100, "Norman Wells"
wrote:

Well, I'm terribly sorry about that, but the point I was replying
to was:

60 million people doing anything would easily have a big effect.

and that's what I dealt with.

That's fair enough

The possibility of a global agreement, when China, India and the
USA don't seem in the least inclined to join in, seems pretty
remote. If they don't agree swingeing cuts and implement them,
anything we do in Britain is totally irrelevant, so it's pointless
trying, and paying a high price for doing so. It's like
volunteering to starve ten years before anyone else sees the need.

And my point is that if everone takes that attitude, we're doomed,
because no agreement will ever be reached if everyone is saying:
"No, you must jump first!"

Absolutely. But Britain jumping first will have no effect at all.
That's my point. We're as significant in that respect as the Cayman
Islands or Tuvalu.

WE can set an example that it can be done. And we know it SHOULD be
done.

Not if it serves no purpose.

Why did you snip the rest of what I wrote where I explained what purpose
it did in fact serve?

To make a false point?