Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default New-fangled Electrickery Meters ...

"John" wrote in message ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

At 11am, it changed over, confirming that this is all down to the clock
having the wrong time. I wonder who, in the event of this carrying on for
any length of time, is responsible for the fact that I would be getting
'cheap' (er!) electricity for 4 hours longer than I should be ... ? :-)

Can't answer your question but if the clock is four hours adrift then
surely you would start getting 'cheap' (er) electricity 4 hours later than
you should be so you are not gaining anything, (4 hours less at the
begining and 4 hours more at the end, therefore net difference = Nil)!

If the meter is serving all his electric usage (rather than specifically
storage heaters), then the shift of his cheap-lecky-period may be to
advantage.
If he or er-indoors/significant-other-partner-type-person[1] does the
washing before 11 am for instance, his heavy usage would be on the cheap
tariff.
This will be somewhat negated by more expensive late evening costs if he has
electric heating of course.

Phil

[1] Just about to sign off when it occurred that er-indoors is sooo non-PC.