Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Switch off at the socket?

Owain wrote:
On 16 Sep, 23:42, "Max Demian" wrote:
Energy is neither created nor destroyed

Only according to classical physics.
Except in nuclear power stations and in stars.

And springs and batteries and everything else that stores energy. (Not that
you can measure the differences in mass.)

Surely if you're storing energy you're not creating or destroying it?

Energy is defined to be constant throughout the universe. *Usable*
energy is not. Google entropy and IIRC enthalpy.

Theres enough energy in my body to run the country for a day, probably.
However there is no way to get it transferred into anything useful.

Gravity is it seems to me the only dis-entropic force: It concentrates
material sufficiently densely for fusion reactions to work, these leads
to super dense materials forming up to and including fissile ones, and
these make good power sources.

Apart from them the universe runs on fusion power.

Owain