Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff Mills Geoff Mills is offline

Default Extending ring main in conduit?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:28:30 +0100, "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname
here.me.uk wrote:

"Geoff Mills" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks, I started out with the idea that I'd be using T&E cable though
perhaps individual wires are more suitable. But then again, if that is
so, why would anyone be running 2 T&E cables through conduit?

Individual wires is the better choice. However, it probably depends upon
whether you are doing enough to justify buying three reels of conduit wire.

Colin Bignell

Are individual wires not usually sold by the metre? I like the idea of
these because only one earth wire would be needed. Trouble is the girl
who answered the phone at the local Peco said she'd never heard of
using individual wire. She always sells T&E for the purpose and this
with 20mm conduit, as 25mm is special order and only sold in bulk.
Fortunately there is a local Screwfix now.
--
Kind regards,
Geoff Mills