Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

Robatoy wrote:
Greed is good.

One great worthy (I think the Ramban) said long ago: "If not for
greed, no man would marry, build a house, or father a child."

Another great worthy (Gordon Gekko) said: "The point is, ladies and
gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is
right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the
essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms;
greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward
surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save
[us], but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

To accumulate wealth by ambition and drive is one thing.
To accumulate wealth by extortion, such as Insurance Companies, Oil
Companies, Banks, IRS borders on the criminal.

Absolutely! But it's not the greed that is bad - it is the method of
pursuing it or the results to which it's put that causes the harm.