Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default prepping interior trim.

Chris wrote:
hello. i am about to repaint the trim in my hallway. I do know that
there is a layer of lead paint with a coat or two of latex paint. so,
i am thinking that snding is out of the question. Would the procedure
be to wash down with a cleaner then use a deglosser.. then prime and
paint?thanks.

How big is the hallway? Cheapest least painful solution may be to rip
out the trim and replace with fresh stock. If you are worried about
lead, of course.

Replacement would be my first choice on any trim with multiple coats of
paint, lead or no lead. Not a fan of painted trim anyway, but that is
just me.

--
aem sends...