Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

On Sep 16, 7:47*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Would removing a lug nut from each of the other wheels help,
if four studs were broken?

It's a lot of work to remove a stud from each of the other
wheels. Last time I removed a stud from a front wheel, I had
to pull the caliper and rotor off. From the back, necessary
to pull the wheel and brake drum. Sounds like he arrived
safely, some how.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry k" wrote in message

On Sep 16, 5:29 am, "Stormin wrote:
I've heard of driving on two or three studs, but driving
on
one sounds a bit daredevil.

the car, and when I finally had a flat tire 6 months
later,
4 of the 5
studs on that wheel broke when tried to take off the nuts.

Yeah! *The usual practice in such a situation is to steal
one nut from
each of the other 3 wheels thus ending with 4 on that wheel.

Harry K

Ooops my bad, I overlooked the 'broken studs' bit.

Harry K