Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Wednesday Auction

"Bill" wrote in message
I see a No. 6 plane will be auctioned locally. It just says No. 6 in front
of the knob. I couldn't locate any other proprietary marks (maybe it was
made by Stanley for the Bridge Tool Co.)?

http://www.patented-antiques.com/ima...c/PA280373.JPG

Bill

I secured the plane.

The old planes remind me that I won't walk the earth forever and represent
some ideals that have value to me. They are grand.

That brings my collection to #4, #5, #6 and #8, so I'll be on the lookout
for some of the shorter ones.

In case you may be in the market, I was surprised at how many different
RubberMaid containers, with lids, they had at Meijer (major retailer). I
bought one for about $10 that was 26" long and about 16" wide and about 5"
high that should work well for storing the planes (and other
similiarly-sized metal tools) inside in the winter. I'll just wrap each
plane with cloth of some sort. I was pleased with the price and quality of
the container, so I just thought I'd share that information.

Bill (trying to make the world a safer and neater place by gathering the
planes that have been left behind...)