Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default When to remove painter's tape?

On Sep 15, 7:46*pm, Surfingbull wrote:
Hi All, I'm about to start painting my bathroom. *I covered the door
trim and baseboard with the blue painter's tape. *Last time, I pulled
up the blue tape minutes after the second coat of paint. *I usually
get some paint onto the tape and I was afraid leaving it until paint
dried would pull up more paint in the process. *This time I would like
to check with you guys on what is the correct thing to do.

Should I pull up the blue painter's tape very soon after the 2nd coat
of paint or should I wait until the paint is dry?

Thanks a lot!
- Andy

I always remove as soon as I can so the paint doesn't cure.

If I have to leave it on for a second coat, I cut the junction with a
utility knife to separate the paint on the wall (or trim) from the
paint on the tape.