Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"Owain" wrote in message
: On 16 Sep, 21:01, "Jerry" wrote:
: If the climate activists are to believed, a planet to live
on,
: being the devils advocate for a moment, do we prefer /death/
: (probably slow, possibly painful as the planet fails) or a
drab
: 'miserable' *life*...
:
: I don't think many people are actually going to die slow
painful
: deaths. Well, not in Britain. Life might be rather miserable in
low
: lying places in the developing countries or the USA, but in
Britain
: we'd just create a few New Towns in Glencoe or the Brecon
Beacons.
:

That would depend on how the climate changes, *for us* (as you
say) the problem will not be rising sea water levels per se, it
will be if we can carry on feeding the population, people could
well die of starvation in the UK if there are crop failures and
famine.
--
Regards, Jerry.