Doug Winterburn

Default OT - Coulter

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:05:39 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

But let us not forget Jefferson at another time: "All the world would be
Christian if they were taught the pure Gospel of Christ!"

Hard to tell if we wasn't allowing contradiction to get in the way of original
thought, or had his tongue firmly planted, at least at this late date. I vote
for his not being bothered by a tongue in his cheek, but who knows.

He also talked about avoiding foreign entanglements, but later built our
first navy ships and sent them to take care of the Barbary Pirates after
much kidnapping, murder and extortion by said pirates. Reality got in the
way of idealism for Jefferson as it does for many who must uphold the
oath.

-Doug