Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

On Sep 16, 5:29*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've heard of driving on two or three studs, but driving on
one sounds a bit daredevil.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mm" wrote in message

I think hubcaps might be a good idea. *I once parked my car
with one
wheel cover off, and it snowed and the snow didn't melt for
weeks,
during which I had shoulder surgery and recuperation, so I
didn't move
the car, and when I finally had a flat tire 6 months later,
4 of the 5
studs on that wheel broke when tried to take off the nuts.

It was Sunday at 6 PM so I had to drive home from Newark
airport with
only one bolt holding the wheel on.

Yeah! The usual practice in such a situation is to steal one nut from
each of the other 3 wheels thus ending with 4 on that wheel.

Harry K