Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Sep 16, 3:03 pm, "Jerry"

wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in
On Sep 15, 10:26 pm, "Steve Thackery"
wrote:

snip

Christmas trees with no lights?

:
: Perfect application for rechargeable solarpowered
: LED lights.

In Australia!...

Which of the bit you snipped did you have difficulty with?

Non of it, unlike you (well, what I could understand, what are
"nones", I assume you mean Gnomes?...).

Remember that most people in the UK locate their Christmas trees
inside the house and also have the lights on during the few hours
of effective sunlight most people get (on a good day) at that
time of year (just after the winter equinox, assuming that
everyone keeps to the traditional calibration period), how are
you going to charge a battery connected to and powering the said
lights? I suspect that if you moved your Gnomes into the house
and only put them outside with the cat each night you might not
have the brightest Gnomes on the street come a few days - bit
like you MBQ!

A better way of powering such lights might well be a battery but
one recharged using cheap rate mains electricity during the
night.