Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:47:55 -0400, mm wrote:
I think I'll stick with my local evil mom & pop tire place where they
don't need to bring the manager out to verify basic service was done
properly.

I"m impressed that they don't just use an air wrench to put them on
tigher than I can get them off. One time I had to drive a half mile
to a tire store, on a flat, because even standing on the lug wrench,
the bolts wouldn't ocme off.

I still have a habit of carrying a bit of hollow steel pipe in my
vehicles that'll slide over the end of the lug wrench - makes life really
easy if stuck at the side of the road in the cold and wet with a flat.

I actually bent a 2' long, 5/8" wide wrench in getting the wheel nuts off
my wife's car (first time I'd pulled them off after she'd bought it)
because they'd been put on so darn tight :-(