Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric connection for power cuts

I hear you, about power cuts. I'm in NY, not far from Ohio.
We do power cuts in the winter, which are miserable. The
cold soaks into homes in a hurry, when the furnace is out. I
live in a mobile home. For me, the front door is loose
enough to run a cord under. I run the furnace off the
generator for about an hour and then let the generator cool,
and bring it indoors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mark" wrote in message

Thanks everyone, and RBM for the link to exactly what I'm
looking for! I
hacked around on the web and hadn't come across anything
like that. I'll
check the local electric supply shops (now that I know what
to ask for!) and
see if I can get one for the weekend! It's been 1 yr since
Hurricane Ike
went thru Ohio and we were without power for a week. Wasn't
all that much
of an issue then because the weather was warm, but I'm sure
the next time it
will be 20 below and I certainly don't want to have a window
cracked to run
the wire thru!

Thanks again....