Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT Ping - Medway Handyman

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:46:45 +0100, tim..... wrote:

"chas" wrote in message
On 15 Sep, 22:57, "tim....." wrote:
Dave,

I'm considering a move to Medway because it is cheap.
of corse itscheap.its the arse end of england it says so on the sing
posts when you get there

Nah, you've obviously not been to Thanet

In Medway, avoid the Luton area like the plague. Even the 'near' end
of Luton Road (where Maplin is) is a bit dodgy. I used to park behind
Maplin when I went there, and someone was murdered there...although I
think his card had been marked.

Also Parkwood (on the way to Gillingham), as that's Chav central. Also
the Brompton area. And nowhere in Strood. And the area around the
Delce Road (parallel with the A229 City Way).

(this from SWMBO, who's worked in various parts of Medway for 25
years). And taught kids from these parts...

I'd agree with that apart from Strood - where I happen to live! There is
'lower' strood and 'upper' strood.

Thanks everybody, I think I have enough info now

tim