Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Bill Wright Bill Wright is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 at 14:43:54, alexander.keys1
wrote in uk.media.tv.misc :

There have been a lot of comments recently about the waste of energy
due to appliances being left on standby, and various gizmo's that are
on offer to turn them off automatically, or otherwise purporting to
save energy. What everybody seems to be forgetting is that an energy-
saving device comes with most UK socket outlets, it's called a
'switch', and when put into the 'off' position, power cosumption is
zero! None of my appliances, including computers, digital TV
receivers, etc. have come to harm through this practice, I always
switch off at the wall, back in the day when there were fewer
appliances this was standard procedure to avoid fire risk.

Congratulations - you must be the only person in the country who enjoys
reprogramming their VCR/DVD recorder every day...
--
Paul 'Charts Fan' Hyett

All my VCRs just get the time from the text automatically. Of course that
will soon end.

Bill