Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
clot clot is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

Roderick Stewart wrote:
In article , Clot wrote:
I am not advocating excessive lighting, but questioning why we do
not sort out those that destroy communities. Personally, ignoring
which current party is in power, a major problem is the existence of
the CPS which ensures that the regularly law abiding citizen that
has a motoring incident, (or similar), is prosecuted when the CPS
will not take to court those that need to be, (Joe Thug that has
been done x times before and knows how to avoid the ropes),
"evidence was insufficient" said the CPS. Just frustrates the Police
and society.

I understand your frustration, but allowing people to be prosecuted
with insufficient evidence would destroy communities just as
effectively as any thug, because it would remove any last vestige of
respect for the law.

Readily accepted if insufficient evidence was the reason. I suspect that in
most cases, this amounts to "too difficult" and if the wily known villian
was to get off then CPS stats are damaged.