Posted to misc.consumers.house
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Hunter Digital A/C Thermostat Install Guide

In article , Paul Michaels wrote:
I was getting really tired of our old Honeywell analog thermostat and
how inaccurate it had become over the years. It was very difficult to
consistently set the temperature.

So I replaced it with a Hunter "Just Right" (model 42999B) digital
electronic thermostat that cost $27. I didn't bother getting the
programmable version of the thermostat because of our unpredictable
schedule.

I took pictures of the install process and wrote up a quick guide.

Here's the guide -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/H...rmostat-Instal
l-Guide

I don't know if we have saved much on our power bill, but I can
definitely feel the difference in how consistent the air temperature
inside the home remains.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Thanks for the info.

I don't think I saw any Hunter thermostats at The Home Depot.
I have been trying to tell my relativse to get rid of that stupid mechanical
thermostat. A lot of digital thermostats give the option of temperature
sensing, like +- .5 drgree or 1 degree, up to 2 degrees.

I used to use a programmable thermostat. It is NOT needed in a home thats
quick to heat or cool. I can set it as I like when i'm there.
I actually bought a cheap Honneywell programmable unit for $25.
I have not tried the programming. I also consider it unique
as the sensor is attached right to the case, an I can get a cold
shot from the cooling if I rest my hand there.

My first digital thermostat was a Hunter, and that was a monster
to program. That was a $100 unit way back then. It was also a two way power
with battery backup.

I think the mechanical actually actually saves heating costs because
it does not cycle as much buy the fine tune digital will feel a lot
more comfortable and you may not have to set the temperature
as high or low.

I would still have the installed thermostat installed (White Rodgers)
but the display and the controller became unrealiable.
My Ritetemp touch screen thermostat also became unreliable.
In a sense, the mechanical thermostat IS more reliable.

Therre are various levels of temperature control. The best use
adaptive PID, but the cheap systems don't go anywhere near that.

greg