Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default When to remove painter's tape?

Surfingbull wrote:
Hi All, I'm about to start painting my bathroom. I covered the door
trim and baseboard with the blue painter's tape. Last time, I pulled
up the blue tape minutes after the second coat of paint. I usually
get some paint onto the tape and I was afraid leaving it until paint
dried would pull up more paint in the process. This time I would like
to check with you guys on what is the correct thing to do.

Should I pull up the blue painter's tape very soon after the 2nd coat
of paint or should I wait until the paint is dry?

Almost immediately after painting, for sure before the paint dries.

For most junctions, you can make better use of the paint pad with the two
little wheels on it. For those of us who've never mastered cutting in, this
gizmo is a miracle. I just painted four rooms and a hall with doors,
closets, windows, etc., with ceilings a different color than the walls, and
used no tape at all - just the pad thingy.