Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Electric connection

On Sep 15, 8:20*pm, "Mark" wrote:
Kind of hard to describe what I'm looking for here. *I think on RVs and 5th
wheels, and I know on *the 'beer wagon' get from the distributor for our
church festival, there is a 'reverse' receptacle where you connect an
extension cord to power the lights and such. *This device looks similar to a
single receptacle with a flip-up cover, but under the cover is actually a
plug (male) rather than a receptacle (female) connector. *You plug the
female 'outlet' end of an extension cord into this, and the other end into a
power source. *Anyone know what I'm talking about?

What I want to do, if I can find such a thing that would fit on a standard
exterior electric box, is mount one on the back of my house with the wiring
running to a standard outlet mounted in my basement. *I'd then be able to
plug a cord from my generator into this, and then supply my freezer, refrig,
lights, etc. from the outlet in the basement. *This would keep me from
having to run the extension cord from the generator thru an open window in
cold weather. *Also when it wasn't in use it wouldn't be too obtrusive such
as a plain old wire running thru the side of the house.

Any thoughts on this? *Or other ideas for something along these lines?

Mark

That's what I did. Works great.

KC