Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default When to remove painter's tape?

I always figure the tape is my 'safety net' to catch when I get the shakes
and flub up. I try not to get too much paint on the tape itself so as to
keep from building too big a bond between the tape and the painted surface.
Then, in the case of where I have had to (or accidently) get more paint on
the tape to the point it might pull off paint, I use a sharp utility knife
to score the paint at the tape. This works best in areas where there is a
right angle between the painted surface and the tape, such as along door
casing or baseboard.

"Surfingbull" wrote in message
Hi All, I'm about to start painting my bathroom. I covered the door
trim and baseboard with the blue painter's tape. Last time, I pulled
up the blue tape minutes after the second coat of paint. I usually
get some paint onto the tape and I was afraid leaving it until paint
dried would pull up more paint in the process. This time I would like
to check with you guys on what is the correct thing to do.

Should I pull up the blue painter's tape very soon after the 2nd coat
of paint or should I wait until the paint is dry?

Thanks a lot!
- Andy