Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Panasonic CRT Picture - missing and/or shifted

Very common to have capacitors in the power supply and the scan
amplifiiers to cause exactly the fault you are describing. An
experienced tech can troubleshoot the set, locate the defective
capacitors, and replace them.

Jerry G.

--

On Sep 8, 9:23*am, AssociationDude wrote:
This is an older (5-7 years old?) Panasonic TV (model PV-M2079) used
primarily for GameCube and for the occasional video.

When I bring up the Menu, or any other dialog screen, there is a 1/2"
section of the menu screen at the left side, a 2" vertical section of
black where any of the icons or text are missing, and then the rest of
the screen appears where it normally would. *Like someone had cut a
chunk of it out, but the rest remained in place.

When a game or video is being played, the appearance is different.
The picture seems to be pushed 3" to the right, compressed *somewhat
so that we're missing about 10% of the right side of the picture. *The
3" section on *the left isn't blank, it has a kind of ghosted, swirled
portion of the picture.

Any suggestions on what I might look for to repair this?