Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

Doctor D coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yet they've
spent our money on the installation of these lights as well as the
running costs.

You can tell that I'm not pleased ...

It's the job of councils to do dipweed inconsistent things. Read more
Dilbert - it will help you to mentally adjust!

Most council employees I know believe Dilbert is the inspiration for their
managers and the councillors!

Certainly been the inspiration for every employer I've worked for, bar the
last one, who were *very* unusual in their sensibleness.

But as that includes several universities and the civil service, it is to be
expected. The Dilbert effect seemed to start one manager above my own
manager (who was generally good) and get exponentially worse upwards.

The more the upper management espoused notions of being more corporate, the
more stupid it got.

It's no surprise to me that Britain's in the state it's in - we do simply
breed the some of the most incompetant managers in the world, but without
the joy of long lunches like the French, and knowing how to have a good
time like the Italians.

I'd love to read a treatise on why that may be...

Tim