Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter smith Peter smith is offline

Default shower removal

Nick wrote:
"Peter smith" wrote in message
I am trying to remove an electric shower form the bathroom, its a electric
one and was plumbed in via a copper pipe which is connected to the cold
water tap feed under the bath. It has a stop valved about half way up on
the piping.

It was all professionally done.

Just after some advice on how to remove it without flooding the place

Thanks

Make doubly doubly sure the electrics are isolated.
Locate the fuse or circuit breaker in your consumer unit and either pull the
fuse or switch off the CB.

Make sure the water supply is isolated, this probably via the stop valve
that you mention.

Drain fittings and remove electrics & water supply.
Remove shower from wall.
You can expect some small leakage but bowls, paper, towels etc. should cope.
hth

Sounds simple enough (famous last words) ... so after what do I do with
the piping that will be left there ?

I want to remove it somehow and make it look as it were
pre-installation. Or close to.