Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] oldhenwife@googlemail.com is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

On 15 Sep, 17:37, Tim S wrote:
coughed up some electrons that declared:

We've just completed a questionnaire put out by the council about
saving power and telling us to save money by turning down the heating
by one degree. We can't, it won't go any lower than 10C.

How do you live at 10C? I can see 15C with a wooly jumper, but 10C is pretty
chilly.

I didn't say that we did live at 10C, the house must be warm enough
most of the time for the heating not to come on. We're healthy, we're
moving most of the time, we cook, we're well insulated (the house as
well as us although we've only gone into jeans instead of shorts in
the last few days) ... we find other people's houses far too warm for
comfort. But nobody has said our house is cold and they keep
coming :-)

Yet they've
spent our money on the installation of these lights as well as the
running costs.

You can tell that I'm not pleased ...

It's the job of councils to do dipweed inconsistent things.

That's not why they're elected.

I wish they'd just build some bl**dy nukes so we can get back to worrying
about world hunger and terrorism instead of debating reducing global
warming by 90% of 8% of 1ppm or whatever... Cynical - moi?

I have nothing against nuclear power stations, I just think that most
people use far more power than they need. Why does everything need a
motor?

Mary